Sunday, November 25, 2012

Attitude= Life's Music

      One thing I will mention a lot is ATTITUDE!  It plays a vital role in everything we do.  IF you cannot control your attitude,or at least understand how it works - you will find yourself searching for ways to make yourself happy, when you could just learn how to channel a positive attitude, which ultimately controls your happiness.  I am not a professional positive attitude owner, far from it, actually, but I do know how important it is to have a good one and how to get myself back on track when I wander away into pity party land.  Sometimes you just have to change the Pandora station to get back on track with your tude, other times, you really should just get a bitch slap. 



     So for a quick attitude check, I take a look around at the wonderful things in my life; my incredible husband, my beautiful and healthy daughter; my family who is always there for me; my friends who have become family; and my own health.  While I am very blessed at this time in my life, I still search for my universal contribution.  What am I intended to do?  The paths that we choose when we are in college, dazed and confused for the most part, are choices that we make when we are young and up against a decision deadline.  Through a series of choices, I found myself in the world of Fashion Merchandising- which proved to be exciting and fulfilling in my twenties, as it coincided with my lifestyle and superficial social admiration.  Through a couple great mentors along the way I continued to make retail my career.  Having a couple great leaders out of an ocean was not enough- I needed more.   Flash forward:  married, child, Masters degree is what I would call "more".  But, for me it's still not enough.  I am plotting my dreams, now it's about having the right attitude to make the small spaces in time add up to the big picture.  I'm in control.  For awhile there, I was beginning to think otherwise. 




No comments:

Post a Comment