Sunday, November 25, 2012

Not "Like a Boss"

    "Desperate times call for desperate measures".  This saying dates back to Hippocrates, on some Greek philosophical talk.  And I have to admit, this has been my attitude these past few weeks, or even months, if I want to be honest with myself.  As proud and confident as I am- I have had a unimaginable time adjusting to the change at work, otherwise known  as my new B-O-S-S.  Unlike "a boss" she has no game, no real contribution, or positive influence that I have been able to decipher underneath all of the ass kissing and fake gestures.  Although these are my opinions, there are some real incidents that have taken place that have forced me to take "desperate measures" - I am not just pouting about the changes, or the fact that after one year of no boss, we get this lady.  Since day one, she has displayed a pretentious, know-it-all, attitude, when in reality she was incompetent in her role.      Fast forward five months later, the attitude is the same, however she has mercilessly taken aim at myself.   Because this issue has not yet been settled in (my corporate office) court, I will refrain from sharing details.  Point to be known here, is that time has come where I have to take a stand for what is right.  Desperate measures.  Going over her big head to her boss, something I would never dream of doing in my past life.   My fate will be revealed soon enough- these past few weeks have made me realize that a job should never be worth forfeiting nights away from your family plus working directly for someone who has it out to get you.  Maybe I could do one or the other- just not both- not now.  Not with Baby #2 on the way.  If you have ever seen Horrible Bosses, you can picture the frustration I dealt with.  Although she didn't have a coke habit, that I knew of. 





1 comment: